[The mountains are not to carry, but to climb]
We often experience conflicts that look bigger than us. This way, we can become overwhelming and personally challenging, wasting time, energy and sometimes could cost our relationships. Conflict can destroy a team, a family or a group which hasn’t spent time learning to deal with it.
Are the conflicts a bad thing? How to experience as opportunities to create better results and deeper relationships?
A healthy relationship means communication and knowing that sometimes it’s ok to have conflict … but it should be meaningful conflict that you build to make a better relationship.
Guilford County Resident
The ability to resolve conflicts is not some mystical gift for only a select few. It is a skill we can all learn
10% of conflicts are due to difference in opinion
90% are due to wrong tone of voice.
The training will equip the participants with specific competences, and develop with them a method to approach conflicts: what to do, and how to do it, in order to use conflicts as an opportunity for dialogue, mutual understanding and inclusion.
WHAT WILL GAIN THE PARTICIPANTS?
– Have a proactive approach towards conflicts, allowing you to explore and even enjoy them
– Keep a lower level of anxiety in front of conflicts
– Create the conditions for effective communication
– Leave behind old patterns and automatic responses and develop more
options when dealing with conflicts
– Translate judgements into needs and interests
– Create safe space for dealing with emotions
– Listen behind words and ask explorative questions
– Develop a method to deal with conflicts at the same time structured -providing
safety and clarity- and flexible -to apply it to different situations and targets
The training is based mainly on experiential learning: learning by doing and by experiencing.
Through active processes and interaction with others, the participants will observe how they deal with conflicts and discover what and how they can do differently.
By direct experience, they will also acquire effective and immediately applicable tools that willsupport them in implementing the new learnings in daily life.
Training for groups of approx. 20 – 30 participants, minimum 10.
Based on the experiential learning, the training will bring a better understanding of the intra- and inter-personal conflicts for participants.